Tuesday 11 October 2011

Number 10-Edward Scissorhands-Tim Burton

This is one of my favorite films, and also one of my favorite pieces of film. I think Tim Burton is a visionary, evrything he does is thouroghly thought out and Edward Scissorhands is no exception. I remember being about eight years old and watching this on channel five at my aunts house in manchester, it was around halloween time and I just recall being petrified of Johnny Depps portrayal, the appearance was terrifying. But that is the beauty of the story, Edward is so detached from society his appearance has drasticaly tranformed into something quite horrific, which obviously contrast with his innocent and kind personality. Another thing that captivated me was the set design/location, from the squicky clean suburbs to the beautifully mangled mansion surrounded by an array of carefully crafted grass sculptures this and everything else makes this film a feast for the eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment