Tuesday 11 October 2011

Number 9-Annie Leibovitz, Disneyland promo "Sleeping Beauty" featuring Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens

Annie Leibovitz is deffinatly one of the best portrait photographers in the world right now, but I admire the way she cqptures fantasy and storytelling in her photos. In 2007 the Walt Disney company hired Leibovitz to shoot a string of photos involving celebrities for their "Year of a million dreams campaign". The celebrities were then asked to pose in costumes and sets that resembeled that of many Disney movies including, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Snow White and many more. The one that stood out to me however was a photograph she took of High School Musical stars Zac Efron and Vanessa Anne Hudgens, I think it captures the essence of the story perfectly and the chemistry between the two is obvious as they were a couple at the time. The costume is also very true to the movie,so true it looks as if it could be a screen shot from a live action version of the animated classic. It just takes me back to childhood and all those happy memories I had sitting on the sofa with my siblings watching Disney movies for hours on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment