Thursday 15 March 2012

Number 3- Walt Disney "Sleeping Beauty"

Disney's 16th animated feature realesed in 1959 after sixteen years in the making. This film is really animation at its best. The overall art direction is also stunning presented in Super technirama 70 it redefined the way animation could look. What i really love about all of Disney's early animation is that he wasnt afraid to push the bounderies with his work, ecspecially with this movie. The themes are very drak and the overall tone of the feature is very gothic and bold, maybe thats what made it stand out to me so much. But for me this is one of Disney's finest features ever.

 Here is a picture taken from my latest project that is obviously inspired by the story behind "Sleeping Beauty" In this photography project i'm focusing of fairy tales, fanatasy and dreams. I wanted to emilate iconic images from some of the classic fairy tales, I asked one of my classmates Lucy Baker to pose as "Sleeping Beauty", I also wanted to make more mysterious and dark, hence adding the skellington as her dead Prince Charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment