Thursday 15 March 2012

Number 4-Magritte "Empire Of Light"

As a college we went on a trip last November to Brussels. The reason for this trip was to immerse ourselves into the art culture and take as many photos as possible. On the Wednesday we attended the Museum Of Modern art in the heart of the city, there we discovered the Magritte exhibition, four floors dedicated to the master of surrealism. At  first i'll be honest I thought his work was brillinat and completely bonkers but there was something missing, for me it felt like there was no true meaning behind most of his paintings. That was until i noticed "The Empire of Light" it was so mesmorising and detailed, unlike other paintings he'd done it felt real, i know it's strange but it kind of made me feel sad but happy at the same time and none of his other paintings did that. Exiting through the gift shop i decided that I had to purchase a small postcard image of this painting , it now sticks proudly to my bedroom wall and I will keep it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment